We are excited to announce that we will begin selling the Shop Local Discount Card beginning on Saturday at the Oxford Farmer’s Market Uptown from 9:30-Noon. Thanks to the market for providing a table and space for us to sell the cards!
The proceeds from this card benefit four non-profit community organizations:
Oxford Community Choice Pantry
Oxford Farmers Market Uptown Sprouts Program
Friends of the Oxford Lane Library
McGuffey Foundation School
The card will allow you to get discounts at ten local and family-friendly businesses. The cost of the card is $15 and should easily pay for itself if you shop, play or eat in Oxford. (For some of us, the discount at Koffenya alone might pay for the card.)
As a very special offer, the Oxford Farmer’s Market will automatically give each cardholder a $1 Green Back to spend at the market. And if you bring a friend, you will each get $1 Green Back. That takes $2 off the cost of the card right away!
The cards will be good for all of 2010 and are great gifts for teachers, co-workers and sitters.
For a list of partner businesses and the discounts they offer go to:
HOW TO BUY CARDS:
1. Stop by the market on Saturday and you can purchase your card AND redeem your Farmer’s Market perk right away! We plan to have a table at all the monthly Winter markets and through the spring. Sales there will depend on availability of volunteers to “person” a table.
2. Contact us about buying cards by using the e-mail on the website. We can arrange for the cards to be ready for you to pick up or, for a $1 handling fee, we can mail them to you once payment has been received.
3. Buy a card from a McGuffey family. They can get payment from you and get a card back to you.
HOW TO SUPPORT THIS FUNDRAISER:
• Buy cards to GIVE as gifts.
• Buy cards to SELL to friends.
• Advertise the card’s benefits in your own circles.
• If you have any ideas for where or how we might market the cards, please let me know.
As you can see from the image above, Wendy Duvall has outdone herself in designing the card AND busting out a website to support card sales this year (and into the future).
Look for our table at the market this Saturday between 9:30 and Noon!