Open All Year Round | Every Saturday - Summer & Fall Markets | 3rd Saturday - Winter Market | Uptown Oxford, Ohio
Panang Curry with Local Ohio Vegetables
4 oz can Maesri Panang Curry Paste
2 large cans of coconut milk (about 40 oz)
2-3 medium onions
4 scapes (could substitute garlic cloves or powder)
3 medium green or purple peppers
A bunch of broccoli
2-3 medium heirloom zucchini
A bunch of haricots verts (French green beans)
A bunch of basil
Sriracha hot sauce
Safflower or canola oil
1. Sautee chopped onions and peppers for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add coconut milk, panang curry paste, chopped scapes, and a few pinches of salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer / light boil.
3. Add zucchini and stir for a couple of minutes.
4. Add broccoli and stir for a couple of minutes.
5. Add haricots verts and stir for a couple of minutes.
6. Add chopped basil leaves, a couple squirts of sriracha hot sauce (if you like extra spice), a pinch of cinnamon, and another pinch of salt.
7. Serve with jasmine rice.
Variations or substitutions:
The only vegetables you really absolutely need are the onions and peppers. Other vegetables can be deleted or added depending on what is available at the market. The Maesri panang curry paste and sriracha hot sauce are available at Jungle Jims in the Thai and Vietnamese sections, but you could substitute the Thai Kitchen red curry paste available at Kroger. You also might consider adding cubed extra firm tofu and letting it cook for at least 5 minutes. For even more fun, you might add a can of vegetarian mock duck available in the Taiwanese section of Jungle Jims.
The above is more of an inspiration to consider, rather than a strict recipe to follow. Taste as you go, and modify it as you see fit. If you have questions, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org